Behold this magnificent venue
Have you ever wondered how many light bulbs are in each chandelier in the Grand Lobby? How has the seating capacity changed over the years? What event attracted the biggest crowds? Which Broadway show brought 12 semi-trucks full of scenery, sets, and costumes? Learn these details and more about the history, performances, and complete renovation of the Official State Theatre of Tennessee. You’ll go to areas not usually open to the public and walk away with a better understanding and appreciation for this architectural and cultural gem. As we begin to return to normal programming, tour opportunities will become less frequent, so you won't want to miss out!
PRIVATE DELUXE TOUR (minimum of 10 people, based upon venue schedule availability, lasting around 120 minutes, $30 per person.) An in-depth discovery of the Theatre’s rich history and comprehensive renovation, and its performances, past and present. Areas included will be the Grand Lobby, Auditorium, Balcony, Stage, Projection Booth, and some special surprises!
- Masks will be required at all times while inside the building, regardless of vaccination status. Theatre staff will be masked as well.
- In line with our new COVID-19 protocols, either a negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination will be required to enter the building. Our full list of policies can be found here.
- Personal photography with a point and shoot camera is permitted. No professional photography.
- The Tennessee Theatre reserves the right to exclude certain areas/spaces on the tour due to unexpected maintenance or repairs.
- While all are welcome, Deluxe tours are geared towards attendees ages 12 and up.
- This tour involves mostly walking and standing instead of sitting, and guests will use several sets of stairs. Most of the tour can be experienced in a wheelchair and there is an elevator available, but a small portion of the tour is accessible only by stairs.
- Advance reservations are required and will be confirmed no earlier than one month out.
Your tour fee helps support the Tennessee Theatre and its nonprofit mission. Thank you, and we hope to see you behind the scenes at the Tennessee Theatre!