Behold this magnificent venue
Have you ever wondered how many light bulbs are in each chandelier in the Grand Lobby? How has the seating capacity changed over the years? What event attracted the biggest crowds? Which Broadway show brought 12 semi-trucks full of scenery, sets, and costumes? Learn these details and more about the history, performances, and complete renovation of the Official State Theatre of Tennessee. You’ll go to areas not usually open to the public, and walk away with a better understanding and appreciation for this architectural and cultural gem.
DELUXE TOUR (Select Saturdays at 11AM, 90-100 minutes, $30 per person) An in-depth discovery of the Theatre’s rich history and comprehensive renovation, and its performances, past and present. Areas included will be the Grand Lobby, Auditorium, Balcony, Stage, Projection Booth and some special surprises!
- With the health and safety of all tour participants in mind, tour group sizes will be very limited. Should your selected tour time reach capacity, we will contact you to offer space in another time slot as available.
- All attendees will be required to wear a face covering over their mouth and nose and will be subject to health screening protocols before entering the Theatre, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early so the tour can begin on time.
- Personal photography with a point and shoot camera is permitted. No professional photography.
- The Tennessee Theatre reserves the right to exclude certain areas/spaces on the tour due to unexpected maintenance or repairs.
- While all are welcome, Deluxe tours are geared for attendees aged 12 & up.
- This tour involves mostly walking and standing compared to sitting, and guests will use several sets of stairs. Most of the tour can be experienced in a wheelchair and there is an elevator available, but a small portion of the tour is accessible only by stairs.
- Advance reservations are required.
Your tour ticket helps support the Tennessee Theatre and its nonprofit mission. Thank you, and we hope to see you behind the scenes at the Tennessee Theatre!