A pie is a wish your heart bakes!
Give us your most creative, whimsical pie recipe inspired by WAITRESS!
We're looking for a delectable pie with a catchy name, much like the ones Jenna bakes in WAITRESS, coming to the Tennessee February 28-March 1. We're looking for recipes that express your hopes, dreams, fears or frustrations - something baked right from the heart.
The top three finalists will be asked to bake their pie for our panel of judges. The winner will take home the grand prize:
- Four tickets to the opening night performance on Friday, February 28
- Backstage tour after the show
- Private pie tasting at Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop with its founders
- "Pie for a Year" from Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop
- Special merch bundle featuring Sugar, Butter, Flour: The Waitress Pie Cookbook, a show poster, and items from Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop and the Tennessee Theatre
- Fill out online entry form with your recipe by midnight on Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of the United States.
- Recipes must be original. No copyrighted recipes.
- All recipes become property of the contest facilitators and prize providers.
- By entering the contest, you release rights for Tennessee Theatre and Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop to use your recipe without compensation. Recipe may be inserted into show program and used on social media and website.
- Three finalists will be selected and contacted on Saturday, February 22.
- Finalists will be asked to prepare their pie and deliver to the Tennessee Theatre for judging on Sunday, February 23, 2020 between 5 and 6pm EST or Monday, February 24, 2020 between 10 and 11am EST.
- Selection criteria include creativity of pie name, presentation, and popularity of flavor among panel of judges.